New Harmonized Life License Qualification Program (LLQP)
Full LLQP seminar:
The program covers the four content modules required to complete the full LLQP program. The modules will run consecutively as shown below, beginning with Life insurance on the first day of the seminar.
- Life Insurance 1.5 days
- Accident and Sickness 1.5 days
- Segregated Funds and Annuities 1 day
- Ethics and Professional Practice 1 day
NOTE: Please register with Advocis or with your chosen course provider before registering for this seminar. Your course provider will give you the course content as well as administer the four (4) Qualifying exams. The program requires you to write one qualifying exam for each of 4 content modules followed by a provincial exam for each. You are required to pass all of the Qualifying exams before you are eligible to challenge the Provincial exams.
Total Hours of Instruction: 40 hours
Investment: $1100 +HST
Advocis/Foran LLQP students receive a 10% discount. Advocis Student number is required.
Continuing Education Credits: 40
Note on Foran Continuing Education (CE) Credits: Foran Financial Institute issues CE Credits for all of its licensing seminars. However, it is at the discretion of your compliance department whether Foran CE Credits fill CE Credit requirements.
Foran Financial Institute is an independent supplier of educational services. Its exam preparation courses are not sponsored by the Investment Funds Institute of Canada, the Institute of Canadian Bankers, or any other industry organization.
Please call us to register: 416-947-1922 and 800-565- 0374
Frequently Asked Questions:
When did the harmonized LLQP program launch?
The New Harmonized LLQP launched on January 1, 2016.
What did the harmonized LLQP program do?
- The harmonized program provides a common course curriculum for insurance licensing exams, creating a national standard across Canada.
- The harmonized LLQP also makes it easier for life insurance agents to work in other Canadian provinces.
Can I register now for the full LLQP program?
- Yes, call us at 416-947-1922 or 800-565-0347 and you'll have the option of registering for the full 5-day LLQP course or any of the 4 modules as noted below.
How does the program work?
The program requires you to write one qualifying exam for each of 4 content modules followed by a provincial exam for each. The content modules are:
- Life Insurance
- Accident and Sickness Insurance
- Segregated Funds
- Ethics and Professional Practice based on common law
- And/Or Ethics and Professional Practice based on civil law for those working in Quebec
The exams are 75 minutes long, and the provincial exams are proctored and open book.