Study Smart Accelerated Learning Techniques
Foran Class Code: MPPE
Study Skills and Accerlerated Learning Techniques for Exam Success
When you study, do you find it difficult staying focused? Are you easily distracted?
Do you dread opening the books and getting started? Have you ever been disappointed with your results they didn't measure up with the time you put into studying?
Do you suffer from exam anxiety? Or is time the issue? You have too many other commitments, yet you'd like better grades?
If you said yes to any of these questions, Study Smart accelerated learning and study skills can help.
Whether you're an adult learner, a high school, college or university student, Study Smart will help you use brain smart study skills. The workshop will give you tools and techniques from the most up-to-date research in Accelerated Learning and Neurophysiology.
You'll learn the ‘best practices’ of brain based learning.
How to study:
- Enter the learning state – the first step for successful learning strategies
- Make it fun, distinctive and brain friendly (brains hate being bored!)
- Tackle a new text book – sketching out the bare bones of the content in about 35 minutes (do this before the first class and you'll listen more, write less and have better quality lecture notes)
- Reduce the time you spend making notes and studying for exams
- Speed up reading and comprehension (use a ‘quantum’ reading technique)
- Improve memory and recall – use mental fixatives for sticky data
When writing exams:
- Get better marks – use a proven process for exam writing success
- Maintain a calm and relaxed state of awareness
- Retrieve information, recover elusive data
- Neutralize exam anxiety
Mental conditioning, mental toughness:
- Why learning is not all in your head
- Take advantage of full body learning
- How to Stop exam anxiety before it happens
- Clear learning blocks, out-grown beliefs beginning with “I'm too ...” “I'm too busy ...” “I can't ...” “I can't learn math ...” “I always ...” “I always go blank”
We all tend to spend more time on tasks we find interesting, perhaps even enjoyable. We also learn best when our curiosity is aroused. The human brain simply doesn’t function well when it is bored. Take away the interest and the learning drops, even if your effort and study time increases!
We can’t take boring and uninteresting courses out of the curriculum, but we can add fun, curiosity and creativity to any subject. Put the drudgery and pressure of studying firmly in the past.
Use a process that lets you learn the way your brain learns best. And as studying becomes more interesting and enjoyable you’ll probably do more of it!
Private classes are available on request. Contact us.
Fall 2017 TBA
Hours: 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Total Hours of Instruction: 6 hours
Investment: $250 + HST
Register for public classes through Foran Financial Institute
By phone: 416-947-1927 or 800-565-0374
Private classes are available: $500 + HST
Book Private classes through Innergize Training
By phone: 416-492-3200
Instructor: Wauneen McMonagle, Certified Trainer of NLP and Humanistic Neuro-Linguistic PsychologyTM and Certified Master Hypnotherapist.